I like Veith, and I like his blog, but sometimes the comments make me grateful I'm no longer in the thrall of a certain extremist evangelical sect--comments like this:
"Yes, there is something wrong with the feminization of the news, just as there is something wrong with the feminization of the rest of society. Feminine inclusiveness, with its tendency to compromise principle for the sake of relationships, is made to order for the New World Order we're rapidly heading for.
"Paul's limiting of the feminine role in teaching and positions of authority in the Church were tied to deception issues. I think we need to look at this as a warning as we allow the feminine perspective to dominate areas of our culture which affect affect how people perceive 'news.'"
Eventually, perhaps, the moth-eaten fallacy that Eve completely lost her reason by eating the apple while Adam's was just mildly tainted will lose its appeal. But probably some will always think we have fuzzy dice for heads. If I thought sin were divided along gender lines, I might mention some male proclivities, but I don't, and I won't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment