Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where should I volunteer?

I like having a lot of free time on my hands, and I do. But I don't want my entire experience of C.G. to consist of sitting on my back porch with a book, and the larger social scene seems kind of pointless. I don't know of any salons or philosophical groups. I'd like to volunteer somewhere I'm useful. The organizations on the poll in my sidebar represent groups I'd like to help. Animals and children - how original, right? Several organizations involve manual labor, which wouldn't kill me. So what do you think, dear friends?

5 comments:

Pollyemma said...

how about your church?

Asparagus said...

None of the churches I've visited seem to be into helping people for the sake of helping people, and I'm not much of a preacher. I could help out with the interactive "Your Eternal Destiny" presentation at the local baptist church or I could play the organ at the Episcopal church.

Asparagus said...

I've been informed that there may be a functionality problem with the poll...

Leeann said...

Poll doesn't seem to be working? I think Big Brothers Big Sisters or the Court Advocate position would be good.

Pollyemma said...

you must be very busy volunteering if you havent updated your blog for a month.