Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm Going to Imitate Emily...

And make a poll. Because fear of grad school starting next week is petrifying my creativity.

Who Am I Most Like?

1. Bertha Rochester (Jane Eyre)
2. Honoria Glossop (P.G. Woodhouse)
3. Juno
4. Beatrice (As You Like It)
5. Lady Macbeth (Macbeth)
6. Emma (Emma)
7. Mary (Pride and Prejudice)
8. Isabel (Portrait of a Lady)
9. Eve (Paradise Lost)
10. Do I have a problem with positive role models?

3 comments:

em said...

It is not that crazy... it is the end of August. Major Hollywood studios release awful movies. And we make strange polls. Perfectly natural. :) Dignity is overrated.

To answer Michaela:

1. Bertha (Rather like.)
2. Honoria (I don't remember which annoying female she was, but you have a sense of humor which all of them seemed to lack)
3. Juno (No. Sorry. You are rather inept Juno if you are Juno.)
4. Beatrice (Somewhat, you don't have an evenly matched Benedict though. Wait? What about P.M.)
5. Lady Macbeth (I can't see you selling your soul for political ambition.)
6. Emma (No, you tend not to interfere in other people's lives. At least not their romantic lives.)
7. Mary (Yes. Me too. In fact, Chris the infamous told me that once)
8. Isabel (sorry ignorant here)
9. Eve (You just want to show how much you hate Milton)
10. Do I have a problem with positive role models? No, you are imitating me!

Anonymous said...

1. Bertha Rochester (Jane Eyre) well I hope you'd ever bite someone's shoulder off. As you are in your right mind, you would never have married.
2. Honoria Glossop (P.G. Woodhouse) was she ever in love with Bertie? If so, certainly now.
3. Juno. You would never put up with a serially adulterous husband who pays you compliments by saying you look better than other women he's slept with recently.
4. Beatrice (As You Like It) definitely that same wit. Same man-hating wisecracks. Where is your benedick?
5. Lady Macbeth (Macbeth) oh please. (though if you were mad I could see you throwing yourself off the ramparts in your curious George pajamas)
6. Emma (Emma) indeed you don't interfere in people's private lives. You like to talk about their private lives though.
7. Mary (Pride and Prejudice)you and Mr. bingley? I beg to differ. (You wouldn’t sit around pining for him for months either. I always hated that about her. move on!)
8. Isabel (Portrait of a Lady) too weak. You’re too suspicious to be taken in by a gold digger,
9. Eve (Paradise Lost) well, we've all eaten the apple so to speak.
10. Do I have a problem with positive role models? Yes, you do and I love you for it. Positive role models are for boring people.

Asparagus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.