Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Labadie Collection of Social Protest




In SI 647 (Reference Librarian class) we had a visit from the director of the Special Collections Library here. Check it out (especially the sidebar of digital exhibits and the Labadie Collection): http://lib.umich.edu/spec-coll/. The website has links to some intriguing and eclectic exhibits (in some of them it is hard to get to the actual content, but it is there). Not listed on the website, but in the collection, are the papers of the Unibomber, with whom we have an "ongoing donor relationship." I, of course, particularly liked the anarchist posters exhibit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing, your post started a chain of events which ended with me reading Tolstoy's "The Spirit of God is Within You" the consummate work on Christian Anarchism and nonresistance - and it is amazing! Highly recommended work on living a peaceful and ethical life. - So thanks Michaela!

Asparagus said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not as well-read as a good anarchist should be. I'm also attracted to Russian fideism...

Pace amorque libertas!