Saturday, December 03, 2005

Symptoms


One of the advantages of growing older is early detection of illness. When I come down with the flu, my symptoms are unmistakeable:

1) The proclivity and (even more strange) ability to take naps in the middle of the day.
2) An inability to consume anything besides toast.
3) The sudden intrusion of a fur lining in my mouth.
4) The sensation that steel rods have been forced up the back of my neck and into my head.
5) A burning desire to watch vapid movies, and Sound of Music in particular.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you calling the Sound of Music a vapid movie?

Asparagus said...

well...i guess i was...but vapid isn't necessarily bad. i can be very vapid at times. i am convinced that very content(emphasis on the first syllable)-rich individuals live shorter lives.

Anonymous said...

ah, I see, well then I am going to assume that you meant that SoMu is vapid in the good sense. The same way you are vapdi;)