Emma shared this with me. Neither of us find it lyrically or musically remarkable, but the setting is an example of the sexy librarian phenomenon.
Yes Emma, there are a few cute guys in my department, but then I don't have much with which to compare them ....
And, yes, the disordering of the card catalog was painful. We still have one at Special Collections, and I have occasionally have to file the new cards in the shelf list. Strangest was the complete absence of technology (except for, apparently, a disco ball). Where are the laptops??!!
My geekiness is now official--Today I received an invitation from the new Google branch in Ann Arbor to come play pinball with them. I didn't accept--No corporate leash for me, thank you very much. Academia and six weeks paid vacation all the way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Did you notice that the clothing label on his sweater was sticking out? so cute!
I can't wait for this new wave of cute librarians to leave the hallowed halls of academia and hit the real world. All the libraries in my area are staffed by grouchy middle aged women.
Actually, most librarians are demographically nearing retirement--which is why I'm going to get a really awesome job someday :-)
oh yes, the card catalog scene was traumatic!
Thank you for my daily dose of bad music...
Why did Google want you to play pinball? They have good employee perks. A bit evil on the China thing, but still....
They also expect their employees to be totally immersed in their corporate culture. There are enough "Technology is God and the Google guys are its prophets" people in my department.
To clarify, the invitation was to the department, not to me personally ;-)
I like the hot-chick removing the nerd's glasses bit. I will love you after I remake you in my blind image.
I disagree. the depth and lyrical complexity of this song clearly demonstrate the hot chick's first rate intellect. I am sure her dates with the librarian will consist of deep discussion of existentialist philosophy.
Post a Comment