I'm sorry, Emma, but I see little difference in the style -- the improbable hat, the shapeless, pastel dress, the costume jewelery (although Camilla's, sadly, is probably real).
Seriously, though I don't like Camilla's hat, I do think it is significantly better than Hyacinth's. H's flower looks like it has a disease. C's, on the other hand, is well tailored and streamlined.
Ok, I admit that maybe this was not Camilla’s best hat. It’s a Philip Treacy and for reasons unfathomable to me, he is very popular with European royalty. So I guess that, according to you, most of the Royal Ladies of Europe=Hyacinth.
Camilla’s hat is much sleeker and better made. It’s also coordinated to her outfit and compliments her coloring. And of course those are real pearls. Camilla was born into the aristocracy!
She just generally has the air of a born aristocrat. Not a pretentious socially climbing wannabe. That comes from within, not from your clothes, and that is the fundamental difference between Camilla and Hyacinth.
I am still very put out, Michaela. I think maybe tomorrow I will put up a pro-Camilla post. When my nerves have recovered from this dreadful shock. For now, Michaela, you’re on notice!
You can only have knowledge, strictly,' he replied, 'of things concluded, in the past. It's like bottling the liberty of last summer in the bottled gooseberries.'
3 comments:
Emma's going to kill you! Hehehe!
Seriously, though I don't like Camilla's hat, I do think it is significantly better than Hyacinth's. H's flower looks like it has a disease. C's, on the other hand, is well tailored and streamlined.
um...streamlined? as in compact and aerodynamic? no.
MUST. RESTRAIN. HAND. OF. DEATH!!!!
Ok, I admit that maybe this was not Camilla’s best hat. It’s a Philip Treacy and for reasons unfathomable to me, he is very popular with European royalty. So I guess that, according to you, most of the Royal Ladies of Europe=Hyacinth.
Camilla’s hat is much sleeker and better made. It’s also coordinated to her outfit and compliments her coloring. And of course those are real pearls. Camilla was born into the aristocracy!
She just generally has the air of a born aristocrat. Not a pretentious socially climbing wannabe. That comes from within, not from your clothes, and that is the fundamental difference between Camilla and Hyacinth.
I am still very put out, Michaela. I think maybe tomorrow I will put up a pro-Camilla post. When my nerves have recovered from this dreadful shock. For now, Michaela, you’re on notice!
Post a Comment