Thursday, December 28, 2006

Death of a Michigan President

I'm not a big Ford fan. The guy pardoned Nixon. But I just had to display a little school pride about this well-organized online exhibit. The Gerald Ford Presidential Library is just across the street from my building, by the Bentley Historical Museum. We've got the documents; the Ford Museum in Grand Rapids is full of memorabilia for the populace.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Could you please explain the picture?

Asparagus said...

The caption just said it was the young Ford learning to ride with the aid of his mother. At first I thought the adult was dressed up like an Indian, but I think she just has a funny hat.

They are either in a tropical climate or in a studio with a backdrop. The studio setting would explain the glider, but I'm not sure how they would get a donkey in.

I just picked it because it's interesting.

Unknown said...

His mother must be dead by now, so it's safe to say that I thought the pic was of some random kid posed with Rudolph Valentino. Oops!

Asparagus said...

What are you going to say about me when I'm dead, Brianna?

Unknown said...

Just don't dress up like Rudolph Valentino, and you'll be fine. ;-)