I'm EXHAUSTED. I've been at work basically since 8:30, and now it's 6. Normally, I would take a break between 11:30 and 3:00, but I had to proctor an exam at 1:00 today. I am making an executive decision to cancel my evening hour from 8 - 9. I think I need to go canoeing or swimming...or something not involving books, computers, and copiers.
I think once the anxiety of a new job wears off, I'll enjoy working here more than most of my previous jobs. Since I'm running everything, I have a variety of tasks to do. I can push the monotonous stuff -- like shelving and looking for duplicates -- on my assistant. But right now there is a certain amount of feeling incompetent because I don't know everything. The previous librarian was here for many summers, and I keep hearing "Theresa did this" and "Theresa did that." There are many simple questions I don't know how to answer yet. But I AM throwing stuff away and organizing! Which apparently hasn't been done for a very, very long time.
I also need to sleep. Noise travels around here, and the eerie loon calls, raccoons scratching at my doors, and mice nibbling in the walls of my cabin were keping me awake last night. Not to mention the human conversations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment