Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's STILL hot!

Whine. And tomorrow is forecast to be yet hotter. WHIIINE whinewhinewhine.

They are having volleyball play-offs today. I say "they" because I am not on a team, and today I am especially glad. I swam again at noon, and got more sunburnt. I'm still reading food blogs. I honestly had no interest in cooking and saw it as a great inconvenience until I was somewhere without a kitchen. And THAT is a deep insight into my personality, actually.

I called Ann tonight, and we talked about how we used to giggle in, and usually AT, chapel, and about our landlady with the cotton in her ears, and the bottles of wine we kept under our bed, and how we didn't have any heat in our house all winter.

3 comments:

Pollyemma said...

good for you for not joining in the soft ball. team sports are like psychological terrorism.

I cant wait to visit and see you live out your new passion for the culinary arts - to see you reborn as veritable martha stewart, a goddess of domesticity.

Asparagus said...

I appreciate you, my faithful commenter, but I do not appreciate the comparison. I will NEVER make a Christmas sleigh out of a turkey carcass. Ever. Let's go with Julia Childs or Rachael Ray.

Pollyemma said...

oh well. I intended it to be a flattering comparison. I'm a big MS fan. I even got my hair cut like her once. I think Julia Child's food is gross and Rachael Ray kinda freaks me out with the way she's everywhere these days. it's like she's following me.