Brianna is gone :-( We reconnected on many levels and formed new connections: coffee presses, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and kittens. Our differences were also highlighted. Shopping in antique malls was amusing, because inevitably if I went "ooohhhh" she went "ewwwww," and vis versa. The first night, we stayed at a faux-British inn called "The Cheshire." Little doormen in red coats opened the doors for us. I found this disconcerting. Brianna said this was "as it should be."
Driving home from St. Louis after dropping her off, I noticed an SUV driving next to me. I looked over to see what the problem was, and the (ugly) man in the vehicle waved at me with THAT LEERING LOOK. All young women know of what I am speaking. I conjured up the most hateful face I could and mouthed the most awful obscenity I could think of. Yes, it was THAT word. I use it quite alot when I am driving, along with "moron." I then sped up to 80 and switched 3 lanes. To my surprise, the man looked quite CHAGRINED. Did he expect me to blow him a kiss or something?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
New post!
Post a Comment