Thursday, September 15, 2005

This Is My Pulse


Too mind-numbed to post anything substantive or funny. Here is another picture from Europe. It would be a little strange yet to be taking pictures of people here. I brought my old Schwinn bike up this week. It is at least 20 years old...rather an embarassment and it squeaks. I kind of caused an accident yesterday. I was innocently stopping at an intersection waiting for the light to change and a guy who was blocking the crosswalk backed up for me into another SUV. I felt badly about it the rest of the evening though it wasn't exactly my fault. I am combatting mild depression--there are places to go but no one to go with. One of my new friend fell on the stairs yesterday and broke her pelvis and tailbone, so she is out of commission for awhile. I was also quite embarassed today by one of my assignments--I was supposed to go and look things up in print encyclopedias--even World Book!!! Evidently I have to know how to use them because some Luddites still prefer them. Like Emily said, women are baskets of up-and-down emotions. Are guys really different, do you think?

Speaking of Europe, Avery was simply fascinated when I told him about Amsterdam and Venice, where the streets are made of water. I wish life were still that interesting. Was that rambl-y enough?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! is that "De Waag" in Amsterdam???? my cousin works there.the upper floor is rented by his tech firm.

he gave me an inside tour. there's a hexagonal room where Rembrandt made a painting of an anatomical theater. I got to lie on the table and pretend I was "the corpse."

that's something that would have appealed to you, Michaela, I think.

real encyclopedias. ouch. i feel for you.

Asparagus said...

yup! thought about eating there, but didn't even want to look at the menu prices.