Saturday, November 05, 2005

Little things make me unhappy...


I'm trying to perk myself up right now. I was watching the boy this evening and he was quite tired and disconsolate as well. He got very frustrated trying to do a dinosaur lace-up and was too overwrought about it to let me help him for awhile. I know how he feels.

Little problems:
1) I did laundry today. My white shirt still has a spot on it and I am missing a sock.
2) I had enough vodka-based drinks last night that I couldn't walk in a straight line (well, less straight than usual). It was fun at the time, but between that and Chinese food and 3 Austin Powers movies in a row until midnight, I woke up feeling less-than-perky.
3) I worked on a paper all morning, got stuck, emailed my GSI with a question, and haven't heard back from him so I can keep going.
4) I wasn't able to answer a reference question for the first time. (It was about the Gini Coefficient by region in China for the past 15 years. The answer simply wasn't there, but I still felt incompetent).
5) I've been busy with school and babysitting so I didn't get to go for my usual walk.
6) I dropped my pasta on the floor.

No, they're not big in themselves, but they're enough to give me a rather drab perception of the world and myself right now. So I'm fixing the little-things problem with little things: putting on new pajamas, listening to non-angsty music, drinking lemonade, and complaining on my blog.

1 comment:

em said...

poor michaela...

although the vodka is your fault and doesnt really merit sympathy :)

the pasta does though