Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Disease Risk Calculator

Tall people have a higher risk of getting colon and breast cancer. Evidently either because we grow faster as children or we have more cells in our body.

But my risk for heart disease is very much below average.


Check it out! It's fun! Especially for hypochondriacs! Harvard's disease risk calculator.

3 comments:

Pollyemma said...

yeah, rather.

of course I have sort of expected these sorts of things from M. ever since I sat down at lunch with her one day and asked me with now prior warning, "so, did any members of your family die in unusual ways?"

Pollyemma said...

sorry about that account thing there. and i was so proud of getting a photo for my profile.

i'm going to post this pointless comment out of a narcissistic desire to see my pic. induldge me.

Asparagus said...

I'm sure I was merely trying to key you in on the topic of conversation. And Bri was always much more interested in discussing suicide than I was. And Em in murder. I'm just a natural death girl, myself.

And I like your picture :-) Rather morbid, though.

Speaking of death, I watched the neighbor role out a body bag on a stretcher this morning during breakfast. He's a mortician and his house backs up to ours.