Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dreams

Yes, as you can see, I'm progressing greatly on my paper. Ahem.

Brooks' post on his dream reminded me that I had a quite vivid dream the other night, and I don't usually dream anymore. I was suddenly in front of a military recruitment desk and the person behind it asked me what branch of the service I wanted to be in. I said the airforce, I guessed. Then I remember walking around a sterile, bright, white-walled, circular hallway with a duffle bag. I think there were a bunch of other women there and they all had buzz cuts. In the last part I realized what I'd done: I'd just finished my master's degree and I couldn't figure out why I'd gone and enlisted in the military. I had this horrible sinking feeling of being stuck.

2 comments:

em said...

Does it qualify as stuck if you have quit your job and then didnt get into the school you were going to go to?

Asparagus said...

Bri - I'm not sure if I'd been buzzed yet or not. Everyone else looked like Sinead O'Connor.

Em - trying to be sympathetic...but I can't resist thinking that your life on Royal Street with Dana and Darce bears very few comparisons to the military :-)