Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm Finished!

In one year I will be Miss Willi Hooper, B.A., M.S.I.

After I got out of the test I:

1) Checked out three movies from the media library: Mansfield Park (2000) and two Woody Allen movies (I've only seen Manhattan Murder Mystery).
2) Checked out Human Condition by Hannah Arendt (finally!)
3) Got a free Polar Mocha at Espresso Royale with my frequent buyer card. Frankly, it was the most awful iced drink I've ever had! They forgot the whipped cream, the coffee was stale, and it wasn't blended well. Really put a cloud over my day.
4) Came home and made mac and cheese and broccoli (A. has been influencing my eating habits).

Before I head for California I need to:

1) Unload some of the paper waste I've been unintentionally collecting this semester.
2) Check out more books! My reading list so far (additions welcome):
- The Aspern Papers (about an archivist!)
- Lady Windmere's Fan
- The Moonstone

- A Town Like Alice
- Word Freak (the inside scoop on Scrabble tournaments)
- Ulysses and Dubliners
- The Count of Montecristo
3) Take the books for my Boethius paper back.
4) Go to two interviews
5) Move my earthly posessions back to Toledo.

6 comments:

em said...

Yay!

How is the Mansfield Park?

Allison said...

We may have doubted your sanity at times, but we knew you could do it! Great reading list too, I should emulate you.

Asparagus said...

Thanks for your encouragement, girls.

Both my sanity and my grades are still in doubt. I try not to pay much attention to them, though.

Derby said...

"In one year I will be Miss Willi Hooper, B.A., M.S.I"

unless, of course, you marry.

Pollyemma said...

Ulysses is worthless. dont waste your time.

Wilkie Collins is fantastic. I preferred The Woman in White to the Moonstone personally. but both are classics.

Asparagus said...

I've read Woman in White, and it was fun.

Do you think that about all of Joyce or just Ulysses? It's a canonical work, isn't it? But, then, I detest Milton (OK, yeah, mostly because he's a sexist pig).