Friday, June 23, 2006

New Links and a Recipe

Check out my new links to the two Jeffs. Let us hope that Jeff the Younger continues to post. Jeff the Older has an excellent set of links.

In other news, following the recent trend of discussions about weight, an elderly woman told me in the YMCA locker room today that I "carried my weight well because I'm so tall." How does she know what I weigh?? And it could have something to do with the 1/2 hour a day I spend weight training! Gosh. Short people are just full of unwarranted envy.

Thanks to the random comments I have been receiving about weight, I've decided to become anorexic. According to an article I read, vinegar can help me do this. Tonight I created an edible salad recipe, as follows:

---------------------------------------------
Michaela's (Dangerously) Tangy Horse Salad

In large bowl mix:
Leafy greens
One small green apple, cubed
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (hulled)

Dressing:
1/4 cup vinegar
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs oil
1 tsp sugar/Splenda
1/2 tsp garlic
dash of ginger

Mix well. Prepare to pucker.
------------------------------------------

6 comments:

Pollyemma said...

that sounds really good! I am going to try it tomorrow. will keep you posted on the results.

Asparagus said...

Do, but bear in mind it was very tangy! I would probably recommend less vinegar unless you are intentionally trying to consume vinegar.

Pollyemma said...

I love vinegar! I am definitely going for the full dosage. I am sorry I still haven't gotten to try the recipe yet. my 6 hour long business meeting prevented me from going to the store.

I was actually so upset and frustrated afterward that I ended up not having any dinner at all. That fits your newly embraced anorexia even better, doesn't it? are you proud of me?

Asparagus said...

I admire people who can do things like have anorexia. I don't have the willpower.

I'm sorry about the meeting. That sounds dreadful. Do you pass notes?

Derby said...

I don't know, people should use their willpower for better things than anorexia.

Asparagus said...

Hey! I said I didn't have the will-power. I can't even diet successfully.

I read a study the other day that said this new campaign to popularize the image of "real women" may actually be more depressing. Women shown pictures of moderately heavy and moderately skinny women were happier when shown the pictures of the moderately skinny ones, probably because the later provided role models. Isn't that interesting? Also might explain why we would rather watch Audrey Hepburn than Christie Alley.