So the Decemberists are coming to Pontiac, which is not that far away. Does anyone want tobuy a downtrodden grad student a ticket, or better yet, come with her?
LOL--sorry--Steve introduced me to them at PHC. They're an Indie pop group from the Northwest. The lead singer's voice takes a little getting used to, but their lyrics are wonderfully clever. Very "historic atmosphere." Not like everyone else in pop music. I think their albums (Cataways and Cutouts, Her Majesty..., Picaresque) are available on Napster.
I haven't gotten the Crane Wife yet--just the 30 second clips on Napster. You're not leaving until the 15th, right? So you could still come! I'd even buy your ticket.
You can only have knowledge, strictly,' he replied, 'of things concluded, in the past. It's like bottling the liberty of last summer in the bottled gooseberries.'
6 comments:
Can I be uncool and ask who they are?
LOL--sorry--Steve introduced me to them at PHC. They're an Indie pop group from the Northwest. The lead singer's voice takes a little getting used to, but their lyrics are wonderfully clever. Very "historic atmosphere." Not like everyone else in pop music. I think their albums (Cataways and Cutouts, Her Majesty..., Picaresque) are available on Napster.
Poooooooooooorrrrrr Michaela......
I love the Decemberists! The Crane Wife is so beautiful and quirky. If only I weren't leaving the country... :-(
I haven't gotten the Crane Wife yet--just the 30 second clips on Napster. You're not leaving until the 15th, right? So you could still come! I'd even buy your ticket.
I might go.
Post a Comment