Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Lost, Lost, I've Lost My Alma Mater

I just need to stop reading Veith's blog, but I keep wanting to believe that he is a thoughtful Christian since he is essentially the only hope our former school has left.

But posts like this are upsetting not only because of what Veith says, but because there is only one moderate in the whole platoon (appropriate word?) of comments; the rest sound like raving lunatics.

Have I just been in A2 too long, or is it not sheer madness to suggest that the only alternative to the war in Iraq is A-bombing the country or having our "own women and children suffer the violence of the enemy?" (btw--have you noticed the tendency to bring the women and children into it every time someone is being illogical?) Yes, of course, we went over there to bring democracy (since there weren't any weapons of mass destruction and the guy who perpetrated 9/11 is still somewhere out there under the Afghani stars), but if we don't succeed, we'd best just blow the whole damn thing up.

Of course, I am coming from the liberal mindset. I do, in fact, see soldiers as perpetrators or victims, but mostly perpetrators.

No comments: