Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sorry for the Inconvenience...

But I decided it was time to change my URL. I'm a grown-up now, and that means drawing a distinction between me and my professional persona. My professional persona is also named "M------ W---," which is confusing. Professionally, I make small talk, don't put my feet on the table, and smile more. Personally, I sit on countertops, grimace at people I don't like, and borrow unattributed images from other websites.

Etymologically, Emily began calling me Asparagus back in our sophomore year. I am evidently a vegetable of limited appeal.

Feel free to update links, bookmarks, etc., but please don't use my full name.


Here's to the uninhibited proliferation of multiple personalities!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Asparagus is a vegetable which appeals to both the sophisticated and the health-conscious.

Pollyemma said...

um, why, Em?

prince philip calls queen elizabeth 'cabbage' and i can sort of see that. but 'asparagus' for Michaela?

em said...

It is because asparagus is a vegetable that is tall and also lots of people don't like asparagus. but people of discriminating taste do. And the ones that do like our tall green vegetable, like it very much.

Unknown said...

:-)

Pollyemma said...

aaaaahhhh...it all makes sense now. and its very sweet, actually.

Asparagus said...

awwww...i'm blushing. i also feel slightly sticky. is there such a thing as glazed asparagus? personally, i don't like asparagus. is that a form of self-loathing? at the least, i am neither sophisticated nor health-conscious. i should learn to love myself more.