Thursday, June 28, 2007

Another great subject heading

As you all know, I love subject headings. I hope they never go away. They make me laugh. I came across a great one today -- Appetitive Behavior. In this case, it was referring to "The ethology of predators" -- a book about non-human animals. But it COULD be applied to feminist books about men, or environmentalist books about first world countries. But why stop at entire genders or cultures? Really, it could be applied to just about anything -- the universal subject heading.

3 comments:

Pollyemma said...

Michaela, I worry that you have too philosophical of an approach to your job. in certain situations-this one for instance- one has to have a shallow and narrow minded approach.

Anonymous said...

When I first read: Appititive Behavior was how people eat things. Which sounds weird.

Asparagus said...

Yes...well I think that's more what it meant -- it was a book about predators. My religious upbringing has scarred me.