Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hungry, hungry in my tummy.

At the beginning of the summer, I was elated about not cooking. I'm still not complaining . . . much. Some days are good -- like pizza day, or quiche and soup day, or curried chickpeas over rice day. Others leave my tummy growling, like when the vegetarian option contains eggplant, which is slimy and disgusting.

I have found myself reading recipes and lusting after certain foods like

lasagna


falafel


tabouli

but most of all...
dense, chewy, multi-grain BREAD, preferably with a big hunk of cheese.

I may have to betake myself to Petoskey on Sunday to go food-hunting. There IS a good middle-eastern restaurant halfway there called "Mim's." I like the name, too. It reminds me of the wicked witch who has a magic competition with Merlin in the Disney version of The Sword in the Stone.

2 comments:

Asparagus said...

The gods are smiling upon me! We had falafel today!

Pollyemma said...

couldn't agree more about eggplant. ewwww.unfortunately it appears to have become some sort of vegetarian 'staple.' oh well. it's still better than meat.

that falafel looks yummy. next time we visit you will have to tell me how you pronounce that word. I've never figured it out.