Saturday, October 01, 2005

Mongolian BBQ


You know, posting blogs is really so much more fun than reading articles on Conceptual Inquiry by people named Holtzblatt. I find myself greatly amusing after 11:00.

My mom and grandparents came up this afternoon. I didn't think they would get through a whole week without me. They brought enough groceries for me to survive the Flood, so I really didn't mind. Mom now proudly carries the company phone with her and deals with all their "emergencies." She works 60 hrs a week and gets paid for 20. When I point this out to my grandparents, they nod sagely but riposte that she enjoys it. They're right, of course. I know exactly where the ADD in family comes from.

Anway, we went to a very neat Mongolian BBQ where you pick the ingredients for the stirfry yourself. I was doing dandy until I got to the spices and sauces. For some reason, when I saw "garlic chili" sauce, I thought of a comforting soup made of hamburger, kidney beans and tomato sauce. I scooped up 1/4 cup full. Turns out they were talking about the pepper. Let's just say my internal fires are well-stoked, to use the terminology of a popular diet fad book.

No comments: