Friday, October 14, 2005

Whereas...

I ate a sizeable bowl of old-fashioned oats this morning at the behest of Mr. Derby.

You may have noticed that I now have a counter on my blog because I am insecure. I make myself feel loved by setting my blog as my home page and counting my own visits.

Yesterday we were talking about collective memory in SI 504 and, among other examples of monuments/documents that create social consensus, one of the professors put a slide up of the Constitution. With George W. and three drones in suits looking at it. Everyone started laughing and derogatory remarks flew across the classroom. "He's having it read to him," commented the other professor. It's so unfamiliar yet satisfying to be around around other people who hate the Patriot Act, the War on Iraq, and the "Protect Marriage" amendment. Of course, everyone looks at me askance when I say that Roe v. Wade was an invasion of state's rights. I really think I am probably the only person who has the power to read the collective mind of the Founders (funny how everyone else seems to think they do, too).

I get to see Churchill and Mazzini tonight! And Darcy and Dana and Brooks!

No comments: