Dear People,
I have mellowed as I've aged, and I've also become more efficient. As a result, I have been watching more movies. Television I feel guilty about; as Em naggingly reminds me, it is democratic (but I am learning to accept my inner bourgeoisie--oh hell, is that the right ending, Emma?). But movies are like books--they have a beginning, middle, and end; they are often aesthetically pleasing; they even probe philosophical questions (well, some of them do, anyway).
Before Sunset and A Very Long Engagement are two movies I've enjoyed watching recently; I am trying to get my hands on Before Sunrise, but it seems to be in demand at the University media library.
My dilemma is that I must request movies at the media library--I can't browse. Hence my question, what are your favorite movies? I like foreign movies, in particular. Some of you will have an idea of what I've already seen, some of you will not. Please post anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I ADORE Poirot, or any Agatha Christie (although I didn't like the rendition in which Miss Marple is fat). I will definitely try the other series. A lot of them are BBC, right? I make an exception for British television. I mean, Monty Python definitely qualifies as an art movement in ipse.
"looking for richard" starring al pacino is really good. very intelligent. I think you would like it.
While not normally a huge Al Pacino fan, I will definitely check that one out.
I can't believe a Jeremy Northam, BBC movie was awful??!! My ideals have been shattered.
Believe me I am far more shattered than you are. I had to watch it!
I don't know if I can learn to trust again.
but yeah, Looking for Richard is awesome. It's more like a documentary than a movie. It's about Al Pacino putting on a production of Shakespeare's Richard III.
Watch Brokedown Palace, an American film about the Indonesian justice system. It has some amazing parallels with the story of Schapelle Corby. And Downfall was quite good.
Yeah, sorry, Emma. And thanks, Derby, I'll definitely check out Brokedown Palace--I've heard the name before.
Post a Comment