Well, oddly enough, I spent the day using an exacto knife at work. I, the child who wasn't allowed to use a steak knife until she was 12. Not because I was violent, mind you, but because I might cut myself (accidentally). My brother could wield a full machete at 5, so I took perverse delight when he nearly cut his toe off in the banana patch one Christmas Eve. I don't think I ever did "arts and crafts" or "scissors skills" as a child. My mother was too kind to inflict such horrors on her left-handed daughter. She was even apologetic about the whole handwriting thing.
Today I followed a pickup truck home from Ann Arbor that stayed in the fast lane THE WHOLE WAY. I wasn't too upset, because he was going about a mile per hour faster than I. But he had a line of traffic behind him, and he would SLOW DOWN when he was passing another car (hence the reason he stayed in my line of vision). I know I'm obsessed with this. But I don't understand. Why?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Michaela, do you have a road rage problem for which you may need to seek therapy?
I just want you to know I'm there for you.
It wasn't your pain that I was laughing at--it was the irony of a figure skater slipping on the ice.
I *completely* sympathize with your passing lane obsession. Why is it so hard to drive in the slow lane? Even if you *are* going a decent speed, can't you drive on the left and THEN when you HAVE to pass you can change lanes?
Besides, the Highway Patrol is much more likely to pay attention to you if you drive in the fastlane, so driving in the right lanes could save you a ticket, even if you aren't necessarily going really slow.
Yes, true Californians understand me :-)
Post a Comment