Yesterday was my last day at my Toledo job! Now I only work at Special Collections until school starts in a month. Whoopie for student life, where working two jobs still doesn't pay the bills!
The other day on NPR a woman who wrote textbooks said that if students would give up their BMWs, cell phones, and beer money for a month, they would have plenty to pay for expensive textbooks, which greatly facilitate learning. HMMPH! Not only do I lack a BMW, but I don't think I've ever learned a thing from a glossy textbook. Remember that Biblical Survey book that counted the number of times "God" was used, and had all sorts of stock photos from the Holy Land? Elements of Style is not a glossy, nor is Wheelock's or Pojman. Thankfully, in grad school we use mostly journal articles available online through the library--for FREE! I guess undergrads are considered too stupid to learn without picturebooks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment