Monday, March 13, 2006

My New Calling

Today I came home and the house smelled like gas. With unerring accuracy, I got to the heart of the matter: the pilot light on the gas stove. Shrewdly remembering to remove the pots and pans, I dexterously lifted the stove top, confidently lit a match, and, viola! I had ably solved the knotty problem.

So now I'm thinking...is librarianship really what I'm best at? Am I better at answering questions than manipulating wrenches? Maybe I would find more fulfillment as a Handy Hubby.

What d'ya think?

5 comments:

Asparagus said...

I don't understand---is "hubby" used as a noun? How can you be a hubby if you are trying to get a hubby? Is a man on the hunt called a "wifey"?

Pollyemma said...

one doesnt need to have a diseased brain to be confused.

well, michaela while giving your life over to working with screws and pipes and such is not wrong, you truly are far more gifted in the field of library science. please pursue your calling there.

you will have plenty of opportunities to use your,um, other skills in your non-professional life.

Asparagus said...

Hey! I've got more common sense than SOME people I know (you know who you are).

But, because of the false aspirations of our democratic society, which are in fact bourgeois restrictions, I'll never acheive my natural position--that of an oppressed pheasant.

Derby said...

thank you for pointing out the oppression of forced equality so powerfully in that last comment.

em said...

yay for pheasants! if you were one i would pray every day the you didn't get eaten. my dog ate all of jake's pheasants