Saturday, August 19, 2006

No Man's Woman

OK--I know a lot of people won't like this song. I wouldn't recommend it if:

a. You ardently believe that marriage is the most blessed state for everyone.

b. You would be offended by references to a "Spirit" (at least, in this song, she refers to Him as "He." Of course, if she is referring to God, then it would be sacreligious to say she "forgives Him a million times." So maybe she's talking about the ghost of Haile Selassie. Yeah, let's just go with that).

c. You have a phobia about dreadlocks.

I just thought it was cool that you could actually put music videos directly on your blog. And I like this song. Judge me if you want :-) Or blame Emma.

3 comments:

Asparagus said...

Nope--I don't have the official lyrics :-( Let me know if you find them. I can't really tell what she's saying there--kind of slurs her words together. But that's comforting.

Pollyemma said...

groan... I have created a monster! I only sent that song around as an object of interest on an purely anthropological level (and well, it has a good beat.) I never intended for it to take on this type of cult-status.

btw, I too am not sure about the lyrics. I dont think it really matters too much as even if these happen to be 'theologically correct' it's still sinead o' connor who sings them.

Asparagus said...

Oh, Emma, surely you knew what you were doing when you unleashed your rabid feminism on the campus.

What's wrong with Sinead? She just has strong opinions. At least she's not a slut like Christina Aguilera and Paris Hilton. A much better role model, IMO.

And I don't think she's lesbian. I mean, she might be bi, but I think she's in a relationship with a man and they have four children.