I'm in serious pain. My head and my throat hurt because the construction on the roof of the library is creating dust that is filtering down into Special Collections, despite the fact that they closed our ventilation system to prevent this from happening. Libraries, in fact, can be very dangerous places. One of my co-workers sliced her fingernail open with an exacto knife while "mylaring" a book today.
The muscles of my back are also in serious spasms. Probable cause was the moving I did on Monday for a professor. I was helping a high school football team carry boxes of books up and down stairs into a UHaul. The professor kept reminding me that I was an "old woman" by comparison. I didn't believe her until the next day.
Does anyone have any suggestions for sore muscles?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hot bath. And massages.
Poor Michaela.
Libraries can be very dangerous places, indeed. all those vampires and such.
About 3 days after the initial incident causing the soreness, do a workout of the affected muscles (medium weights and medium repetitions). It will be more painful at first, but about 15 minutes into the workout, it should ease the pain into muscle relaxation.
Thank you for all the sympathy and good advice. I put a warm towel and heating pad on my back last night, and I felt entirely recovered today.
I still have painful little bumps in my arms, though. I think they're biceps :-)
Post a Comment